Course Key Facts:
Duration: ½ days
This course provides delegates with the ability to advise on appropriate action to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace and develop procedures to deal with fires.
Who the Course is For
This course is designed for staff who are responsible for fire safety and evacuation.
On successful completion of the course the delegate will be able to:
• Understand the importance of fire safety
• Understand the combustion process and spread of fire
• Identify suitable fire prevention and protection measures and advise on appropriate action to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace
• Evaluate effectiveness of fire drills
• Appreciate the essentials of fire safety legislation covering:
• The Fire Precautions Act 1971,
• The Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987,
• The Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquefied Petroleum Gases Regulations 1972, The Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997,
• The Fire Precautions (Workplace (Amendment) Regulations 1999
• Supervise emergency evacuations
On successful completion of this course the delegate will receive a Caspian Safe Certificate.