Course Key Facts:
Duration: 1 day
On completion of the Fire Safety Awareness and Risk Assessment course, delegates will be able to recognise the importance of fire safety, identify suitable fire prevention and protection measures, appreciate fire legislation and conduct a fire risk assessment.
Who the Course is For
This is a course designed for fire wardens and staff nominated with fire safety responsibilities.
After successfully the fire safety awareness course the delegate will be able to:
• Appreciate the importance of fire safety.
• Understand the combustion process and spread of fire.
• Know fire prevention methods and protection.
• Identify the storage and use of highly flammable liquids.
• Understand the use and maintenance of fire extinguishers.
• Have an overview of relevant legislation: Fire Precautions Act 1971, Fire Precautions (workplace) Regulations 1997 and amendment Regulations 1999
• Be able to carry out a basic fire risk assessment.
• Have an understanding of emergency planning and emergency response.
On successful completion the delegate will a Caspian Safe certificate.