Duration: 1 day
An introduction to the essentials of safety on construction sites and projects, including the need for risk assessments on all operations, an understanding of the basic requirements of the CDM Regulations.
Who the Course is For
The course is aimed at designers who need to have a better understanding of their legal obligations under the CDM Regulations.
On successful completion of the course the delegate will be able to -
- Understand the main principles of accident causation.
- Identify common hazards and assess risks relating to construction work.
- Apply the basic principles of Construction site safety to assist all persons.
- Understand the basic requirements of health and safety law as applied to construction.
- Understand the principles of Construction site safety inspections, hazard recognition, accident investigations and risk assessments.
- Understand the legal requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Understand the legal implications of the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the 6 Pack
On successful completion of this course the delegate will receive a Caspian Safe Certificate.