This course is aimed at those who work with or around chemicals
Successful completion will prepare participants to look carefully at their own work activities when handling chemicals and contribute to the safer use and transport of chemicals in the workplace. It further goes on to teach the proper steps to control and reduce losses in the event of a spill.
Who should attend?
• All personnel that works with or around chemicals.
What will they learn?
• Understanding the hazards associated with each chemical. How to properly label all chemical containers, safe handling procedures, Proper PPE, how to prevent chemical spills, precautionary measures and how to minimize injuries or damage due to a chemical spill.
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
• NFPA Labeling system
• Proper PPE for the various chemicals
• How to safely handle chemical containers
• Safe storage of chemicals, protection needs and containment
• Precautions in the event of a spill
• How to limit a chemical spill disaster
• How to properly use a spill containment kit and clean up a chemical spill
• What to do with the chemical waste and used spill kit components
• 2 Day
• Practical assessments
• Certificate of attendance.
Number of Students:
• 8-16 Students per course